free-samsung-range
Win a Free Samsung Range for Christmas!
December 8, 2017
check-the-appliances
Check the Appliances
January 11, 2018

Prevent your kitchen from going up in smoke this holiday season

The kitchen tends to be the busiest place in the house during the holiday season. Whether it’s making cookies for Santa, the Christmas dinner, or building a gingerbread house, the kitchen can become hectic in a manner of seconds. A hectic kitchen can then lead to food on the stove becoming untended which can turn the kitchen and the home into a blazing inferno in minutes.

To prevent your home from going up in smoke, here are a few reminders…

  • Never leave food unattended that is being cooked on the stovetop, in the microwave, or in the oven.
  • Keep oven mitts, kitchen towels, and pot holders away from heat sources.
  • For those with long hair, make sure to pull it back while cooking to not only prevent it from catching on fire but from having any strands fall into the food.
  • Unplug small appliances when not in use.

The holidays are a fun time, but they can quickly become disastrous if the kitchen is left unattended while appliances are in use. So make sure to keep a watchful eye on cooking food and other things in the kitchen that can also catch on fire.

And if you need any appliances repaired before your holiday celebrations, Sarah’s Appliance Repair is here to help! Just give us a call at 208-534-7222 and we’ll have your appliances up and running before you know it!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *